Very simple summation would be: to win the job you have to do the job. Go into an interview and present yourself as doing the job; have an understanding of the problem the manager is trying to solve by hiring you, and solve the problem, or walk through the steps you would take to solve.
1. what do you do best?
2. what value do you offer?
3. basic research on the industry
4. identify companies you want to work for
5. gather information on those companies
6. make inside contacts
7. become an insider
8. map your skills onto a company’s needs
9. ask & answer the four questions: (understand the work that needs to be done? demonstrate you can do the job? show you can do the job as the employer wants it done? prove you can do the job profitably for employer and yourself)
10. talk with hiring manager to find out her problems/challenges
11. plan how you’ll do the job in the interview
12. meet with the hiring manager/do the job in the interview/answer the 4 questions in the interview
13. do you want an offer? is the job right for you?
14. ASK FOR THE JOB
15. win an offer, negotiate the offer and the job
16. interview the company
17. accept the offer
sub=reinventing the interview to win the job